Monday 28 November 2011

HOLIDAY COOKIE TRADITIONS





The Story of Holly and Ivy
One of the earliest stories about Christmas that I remember reading is The Story of Holly and Ivy by Rumer Godden, first published in 1958 – although it has been reprinted many times since and was adapted as an animated film called The Wish that Changed Christmas in 1991. It probably says quite a lot about me that my other childhood favourites include Heidi by Johanna Spyri and The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. As a children’s author, my current tastes are for stories altogether edgier but even today, The Story of Holly and Ivy still evokes the magic of Christmas with a charming and nostalgic story about a lonely orphan, a doll without an owner and a woman with a Christmas tree and no one to enjoy it.
And for me, nothing evokes the taste of Christmas more than Mince Pies... Crazy QuiltEdi Cookie Traditions 

No comments: